The Sustainable Development Goals
"The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. At its heart are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are an urgent call for action by all countries - developed and developing - in a global partnership. They recognize that ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand-in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests."
OUR AIM IS TO ADVANCE SDG 16 THROUGH THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS:
- Unite humankind and promote a safe society through dedicating efforts to empower and build bridges between diverse communities.
- Reduce hate, bias, and violence and increase inclusive security to ensure safety for all individuals in the society.
- Ensure access for equal justice and equity for all individuals, regardless of their background.
- Prevent violations of human dignity and oppression due to divisive ideologies of hate that result in violence or fear from the other.
- Ensure individuals’ freedom of religion and religious expression that is protected by the First Amendment.
- Promote transparent, responsible, and cooperative institutions at all levels.
- Advocate non-discriminatory laws and policies to protect the uniqueness of the interfaith world.